Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Riley and LuLu's Owl Costumes

I decided to dress the girls the same this year but make them a little different! This is probably my last year to pick out Riley's costume for her!!! I got the idea for Riley's owl costume on pinterest and made it with my own colors! Lulu's I did on my own but copied the hat from the picture on pinterest!


 I made Alexis' out of a bigger shirt and cut the sleeves off! I cut and cut and cut out felt feathers and glued them on starting at the bottom and over lapping to the top. I made the hat out of felt and hot glued the whole thing! I bought a long sleeve purple shirt and tights to go under it and finished it with some look a like ugg boots!!!
 I cut out a felt cape and did the same as the other one just cut lots of felt feathers and glued them on! I attached a ribbon to keep the cape closed. I found after the 1st time of wearing it that it kept turning when she moved....so to fix this I hot glued the cape to the undershirt right on her shoulders and it worked GREAT!!! Also she kept taking her hat off so I added ribbon to that as well to tie under her chin :) Silly RiRi!!

Our Baby LuLu

No comments:

Post a Comment